Monday, August 12, 2013

No changes !



Beautiful Sunset with Sister Puruganan
Well I didn't get transferred AND for the first time in my mission life I am keeping the same companion for more than 6 weeks. Looks like there is a first for everything! I am really happy about that, I wasn't ready to leave Hamilton! There are still things that I know we can get done here to help out this area.


It seems like is was a pretty quiet week. We had to drop a lot of our investigators but we can already see how Heavenly Father is blessing us in our faith for letting some of the people go who were not progressing.

This week I feel like I learned a lot about the importance of prayer. In one of our lessons the father of the family was hesitant to set a baptismal date, so we had all of us kneel down and he offered one of the best prayers! The Spirit was really strong and I think it was just the moment that this family needed. After the prayer he said that he would set a baptismal date and then he wanted to know when we were coming back and when they could go to church. The Spirit will really work on people and point them in the direction they need to go!

We are also seeing this ward progress, and it is so good to see! Little things are happening and I think it is going to make a big impact on the missionary work in this ward.

Oh and a sidenote.... our dinner calendar has been packed, which you think would be good, but I am getting SO sick of food. haha  I should be grateful, at least I am not starving. This week we ate some more curry goat and some Filipino food. As in I just ate a fried fish..... eyeballs and everything! (ok, I didn't eat the eyeball, but I almost did. :)  

Really looking forward to this next transfer in this area! Oh and tomorrow I will have officially been gone 6 months! It is unreal! I still feel like a new missionary!

Shout out to my favorite lil cousin Parker who is giving his farewell talk this Sunday! Can't wait to have a family member in the mission field!

Favorite quote from this week that came from Sister Norell, 

"This work will move forward with our without us so we need to choose to be a part of it and take part in the blessings." 

I thought that was really great!

Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment