Monday, August 19, 2013

The middle of nowhere - makes me feel like I am home !

Well I still can't believe it is actually Monday again!! Monday's come around quite quickly! This week has been good!

We did an exchange and this time I went to Brampton with Sister Tofa. It was fun, the feel of Brampton is completely different from Hamilton, and it was nice to get out for a bit. That is the apartment and area that Colton Kilmer served in for awhile while he was here so it was cool to see his name on some of the teaching records from when he was here.

Yesterday the family from Colombia that we are teaching came to church and they loved it! They are looking forward to coming back next week.We have been able to teach them about once or twice a week and the ward has been getting to know them, and things are going well and we are excited. They are wonderful people!


Yesterday we went out to Cayuga to have dinner and visit some of the members  It is about a 45 minute drive, but it is totally worth it. I love getting out to the middle of nowhere, it makes me feel like I am home! The members even lit a nice bonfire outside, and made me really feel at home.



I also am just so in love with the members here, and I am pretty sure they quite like me too.. :) I am going to have a hard time when I leave this area! I have really come to love these people!

Everyday I think about what my life would be like if I would have never met these people, and I must say, it would have been a pretty sad life!! 

Okay, I know more things happened this week but........I can't think of anything right now.... So.... oops. :) I am still alive, life is good, members feed us nice food every.single.day. (Hence why I have a chubby face in all my pictures. :) haha it's fine. #livingthedream

My Companion is da best! She is starting to crack jokes and it is THE funniest thing ever! She is learning from the best... aka me. :)

I am going to do my best to keep better track of this week so I have more to write next Monday... but let's be honest, weeks flow together and honestly everything feels like one long day to me!!

Have a wonderful, wonderful week! For those in my family who are saying bye to Parker this week... keep your heads up, don't cry too much :), because missions are the best and the two of us are going to be home before you know it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment