Monday, April 22, 2013

Week two in Brampton

Well, well, well... looks like I have made it through another week here in Canada! Looking back on the week it feels like it has been kinda boring. It doesn't feel like anything too exciting has happened!

I just found out that one of my investigators from Guelph, Egigu, was baptized Sunday!! Sad I wasn't there, but awesome that he was able to take that next step in his life. He was a guy we met on the bus and the first day we taught him we invited him to be baptized and he said yes. People really are so prepared. They just don't know it yet and that is why it is so important to talk with everyone!

We had an investigator come to church! She really loved it and we are looking forward to seeing her progress!

 This week some members gave us these Canada mittens!


I have been wanting some since I got here, so it was great that they just gifted us some they never use! Now I will have some nice mittens come next winter! (or to use now if it never warms up!)

Speaking of the weather.. Thursday was HOT! That was the first time I have really felt the humidity and let's just say there is no way I am going to survive the summer. It wasn't even that warm and I was dying.... I am not prepared for what is coming our way. It was so hot Thursday and then snowed Sunday. This weather really needs to make up its mind!

I really am learning so much and am amazed everyday about the stuff that I can now do that I couldn't do before. Like just having a conversation about religion and not being nervous about what to say... That seems like a small thing but when I first got here I couldn't say anything and now I can carry on conversations and hold my own. It really is just a lot of progress and I know that this is an experience that will help me in so many ways and it is just such a short amount of time so I really need to enjoy every second of it.

 Okay so I really don't have much more for this week! I will attempt and be better next week! Things are going well, I can't believe that it is already week 3 of the transfer! Time really does fly sometimes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment