Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Transferred Again !

This week I learned that God and my mission President must REALLY trust me! And that is because I got transferred, again......... I am white-washing, again.......... and....... drum roll please............ I. AM. TRAINING!!! Let's just all keep in mind this is only my 3rd transfer and most of the time I don't actually know what I am doing.. haha "Fake it til ya make it",  is what I like to call it. :) It has served me well this far in my life!

Anyway... the call came from the Assistants Sunday and I thought for sure that I would be staying but... they had other plans for me! They called, told me and then Elder Sommerfeldt goes, "You're ticked aren't you?!" (and then he just laughs) And let's be honest, I was a little ticked and/or scared out of my mind!! I asked him why I had to be *white-washing AGAIN and he goes, "Because you're good at it!" Uh.... yeah right. haha
*Whitewashing means that they took 2 missionaries out of an area, and will be putting 2 new ones back in that same area. 



So I cried, and then I found out my District Leader would be Elder Palmer, so I stopped crying, and then I cried some more that night while I was packing, and then Tuesday morning when I had to say bye to Sister Tebbs I cried... but fast forward to today and I can't get the smile off of my face!

I am in Hamilton, I am with Sister Taylor, and I am LOVING IT! The members here... Awesome.. the people here... awesome! I know it is only day two but... I am feeling really good about this place! :) And my testimony of prayer has increased 10 fold because let's be honest, at some point prayer is all I've got going for me! :) I'm really excited to be here and truly thankful that God knows better than I do and put me right where I need to be. :)

Monday was crazy having to say goodbye to members and investigators. It was sad to leave my investigators, but I know they are in good hands with Sister Tebbs and her new companion.

I'm the only one that was transferred !
Karly with Sister Tebbs, and Elders Wilson and Skirvin


Another cool thing that happened this week is that Sunday, the 1st Counselors from the General Relief Society Presidency, the General Young Women Presidency,  and the General Primary Presidency were at our church so I got to meet them all! They were so awesome and gave Sister Tebbs and I hugs. This whole mission thing has given me the opportunity to meet a lot of pretty big people in the church! :) Now I just need President Monson to come and visit! haha


Click the names below to get to know more about each of them:

Sister Carole M. Stephens, First Counselor in the General Relief Society Presidency
Sister Carol F. McConkie, First Counselor in the General Young Women Presidency
Sister Jean A. Stevens, First Counselor in the General Primary Presidency

 This week has been crazy but so so so great! Excited to be here in Hamilton and to see what new adventures await me here! :) Thanks for all your love, prayers, and support! I'll write again Monday!

Random Fact: Monday was Victoria Day and Victoria Day is a big thing around here... Want to know how I knew it was a big deal? Well that is because Walmart was closed... Walmart NEVER closes. haha


Karly with Elder Prochnow and Elder Amorim

No comments:

Post a Comment