Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hamilton is Great

I hear my blog is becoming pretty popular with my readers so I will try not to disappoint... ;)



I am still loving being in Hamilton. I am beginning to think that part of the reason I am here is for the awesome members and for all of the things that they are teaching me. Their life experiences are things that they have shared with us, that I know I will be able to look back on and use in my future. They are such amazing people and I really am so thankful for all the things that I have learned from them this week.
I have had to spend every spare moment writing in my journal so that I can remember all of the great things that they have shared with me.

Sister Taylor (new companion) and Karly
In my last email I got from President Scott, he said that he felt very strongly that this would be a good move for me and I think he is exactly right.

Our teaching was a little slow this week, a lot of people wouldn't answer our calls or call us back, but the more we get familiar with the area and the people I know it will improve. Thankfully that is all that Heavenly Father asks of us is to constantly improve and be better today than we were yesterday and better tomorrow than we are today. That is something that I try to focus on so that I don't get down on myself when we don't have the best of days. :)


This ward truly is incredible! They are so giving and want to help us out in any way they possibly can... I am crossing my fingers that maybe, just maybe, I will be able to spend more than just 6 weeks in this area. :)

Well I am about out of time. One exciting thing that happened this week is that the fire alarm went off in our building. There were fire trucks and everything! Thankfully nothing was actually burning, but it was some added excitement on the day.

Ok, I promise that next week will be much more exciting (I probably say that every week, huh?)
Just know that I am great and that Hamilton is great! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment