Monday, June 24, 2013

The Work of Salvation

Selfie Sunday! Do you miss my cute face?!?!?! ;)
First things first..... if you haven't watched The Work of Salvation, yet... go watch it right now. Here, I will even do you a favor and post you the link so it won't take any effort.. :)  It was SO good! Every member needs to watch it and see how they can help missionaries! And some of the videos they show on there are so good.... the one where they do a missionary medley and have videos with it of like each stage of life for a missionary most definitely made me cry! It just brings back SO many memories of when I was set apart and then dropped off at the MTC by my parents. Seriously so good. :)  The whole Sunday broadcast just got me more pumped on missionary work and helped me to be more grateful for this opportunity I have to be set apart as a full time missionary. For all you pre-missionaries reading this or to anyone who is thinking about going on a mission, get pumped because you are in for the time of your life. Yeah some days suck, a lot! But..... it is worth it... it is SO worth it because this work is life changing. ok I will be done now #preach :)

Becky, Sister Norell, and Karly
Last Monday we were able to go to Niagara Falls. It was a ton of fun! The experience from the Canada side is probably way different than it would be on the American side. I must admit that it made me a little bit homesick to see America. haha Sometimes I just miss it, and the good grocery stores. (Seriously be grateful for the stores in the states. It is just not the same here!)

Karly holding a picture of her Grandma, Great-Grandma, and Mom.  The picture was taken in 1989 when THEY visited the  falls, before Karly was born. 

After the Falls we went to a place called Niagara on the Lake. It is a beautiful little town that has a ton of cute shops and places to eat.
We have started teaching a family that has 4 little girls. Twins that are 4, a 6 year old and a 9 year old. They are so cute! When we taught them last week I had them help me say the closing prayer and it was the sweetest thing ever. I would say the first words and then they would copy me and it was honestly the best prayer I have ever been a part of! The whole family came to church yesterday and really loved it. All the little girls showed up with the Book of Mormons we gave them and instantly fell in love with all of it!

The ward fed us after church yesterday... it looks like we are on a date huh? I laughed. haha Me, Elder Palmer, Elder Jones, and Sister Taylor
It has been really humid the past few days... I don't think I will ever get used to it. I guess I should be thankful that it hasn't been humid the entire month of June and is just starting now. Which, by the way, I can't actually believe that June is almost over and so is this transfer. Transfer calls are on Sunday. I am really hoping I stay, but with my track record we all know the chances of that are highly unlikely. haha Oh well, just have to remember, "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord!" 

Well P-day is on Wednesday next week due to Canada Day on Monday and transfers! I hope everyone has an awesome week and seriously... go watch The Work of Salvation. You won't regret it! :)

 P.S. -  I volunteered to speak in Sacrament Meeting next Sunday. Yeah.... the girl who hadn't spoken in Sacrament until her farewell talk just volunteered to speak in Sacrament Meeting. Can someone tell me what happened to the old Karly Prescott? haha

Had to ......:)

No comments:

Post a Comment